8:30 AM – 5:30 PM Registration at 7:30 AM
The Greer Campus of Greenville Technical College
Building 301, Rooms 120 & 121
2522 Locust Hill Road. Taylors, SC
Barbara Wilson, PT, DPT, is a Credentialed Clinical Trainer recognized by APTA.
This voluntary program is designed primarily for people interested in or involved with clinical education (clinical instructors [CIs], center coordinators of clinical education [CCCEs], academic coordinators of clinical education [ACCEs]) and is recognized by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) as a Clinical Instructor (CI) Education and Credentialing Program.
The program is divided into two distinct parts:
- CI Education Program via an interactive didactic course format that is appropriate to all clinical educators, and
- Assessment Center (credentialing) of curricula outcomes through six simulated situations available only to Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants.
These components are used together to first provide, and then assess, the knowledge and skill identified as essential for Clinical Instructors.
The program addresses issues of:
- The relationship and partnership between the academic program and the clinical site and roles of the ACCE/DCE, CCCE, CI, and student.
- Planning and preparing for students during their clinical education experiences
- Developing and facilitating learning experiences in practice tailored to meet specific student needs.
- Developing skills in and supporting ongoing learning through formative and summative evaluations.
- Identifying legal, regulatory, and ADA implications for clinical educators, including issues presented by HIPAA and Medicare, and
- Identifying and managing exceptional students and students with problems in clinical education.
Outcomes of the CIECP are measured through an Assessment Center (credentialing) for physical therapy providers. Participants apply information from the CIECP in six simulated situations. Upon receiving a passing score in each station in the Assessment Center, candidates will receive a Credentialed CI certificate from the APTA. Other non-physical therapy healthcare providers are not eligible for credentialing by the APTA and may not participate in the assessment center.
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, PT/PTA students, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Speech Language Pathologists and Administrators.
$95.00 APTA Members and/or Upstate AHEC Consortium Members
$165.00 Non-APTA members and/or Non Upstate AHEC Consortium Members
$165.00 Canadian PTs and PTAs
$205.00 Other non-physical therapy health care providers
Continuing Education Credit
U.S. and Canadian Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants earn continuing education units (15 contact hours/1.5 CEUs) and a Clinical Instructor Credential.
Non-physical therapy providers earn continuing education units (12 contact hours/1.2 CEUs)
To be eligible to attend this course, all participants must complete and submit the participant dossier (which can be found here: http:/wp-content/uploads/Appendix-U-ParticipantDossier.doc) and accompanying documentation prior to taking the course. The credentialed trainer will review all documentation to determine the individual’s acceptance into the course based on specified criteria (eg, current license as a PT or license/registration/certification as a PTA).
Early registration is encouraged. Registration is limited to the first 24 paid participants.
Registration Deadline: April 1, 2011.
The registration form and fee must be received by this date so materials can be ordered from APTA.
To download the brochure with the complete information about this course, CLICK HERE.