Friday, July 13
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM Check in @ 8:45 AM
Branham Conference Center – Baptist Easley Hospital – Easley. SC
Pam Bartley RN, BS, CEN, CCRN, CPEN
Purpose: Provide participants with information to triage patients based on chief complaint, history and assessment.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Define and explain the process of emergency triage.
- Determine patient acuity and prioritization using ESI.
- Relate 3 history-taking tips and 3 assessment techniques.
- Employ clinical assessment skills focusing on chief complaint.
- Document an appropriate triage history & assessment based on chief complaint, history, and assessment.
$ 80 for non-members; No Fee for AHEC members
Licensed Nurses: Upstate AHEC is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The South Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Upon successful completion of this program, attendees will receive 6 contact hours.
Others: This program is approved for 0.6 CEUs (6 clock hours) by Upstate AHEC and meets the SC AHEC Best Practice Standards.
***Special Instructions: Each participant should order The DVD set, Emergency Severity Index, Version 4: Everything You Need To Know, (AHRQ Publication No. 05-0046-DVD) and print copies of the spiral-bound Implementation Handbook (AHRQ Publication No. 05-0046-2), which can be obtained by contacting the AHRQ Publications Clearinghouse at 1-800-358-9295 or by E-mail at AHRQPubs@ahrq.hhs.gov. You may request 1 free copy of both the DVD set and the Implementation Handbook, have mailed to your home address.